Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shabby Chic

So, it's been a long time since I last blogged. I was away at my parents house in cold Saskatchewan!...It was record high in Toronto while it was record low in Saskatchewan. My son ended up getting an ear infection (poor little guy), so we ended up staying a little longer until he felt better.

I got a little stir crazy when I got back home, so I started a little project. I bought some random damaged frames and painted them to look "shabby chic".

Check it out:


I got all these frames from Home Sense. They were all marked down because of small damages.


The supplies:
1. Vaseline (put on edges for crackle effect)
2. Small 1" paint brush
3. Flat white latex paint
4. Painters tape
5. Sanding block


3 layers of paint (dry in between coats)
sanded to look "worn"






....and there ya have it....Shabby Chic, CherryD style.

Until next time...

Peace!

2 comments: