Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's me....CherryD....




I am a small town girl who grew up with big city aspirations.  I guess you would say I am a melting pot of dance, art, sports, fashion and currently motherhood.  I loved the movement of dance, but also the aggression and athleticism of sports. That's why I also did basketball, rugby and track in high school. I'd go from make-up and tutu's performing in a theatre to a mouth guard and shin pads tackling people in a muddy field.  I think that's why I eventually ventured into breakdancing because it was an even balance of gracefulness and athleticism.  For about 7-8 years I lived out of a suitcase and traveled the world as a dancer/missionary.  I was inspired to start this blog for one to be able to put my ideas and thoughts down in hopes to be re-inspired again, and I also wanted a place for people in the arts and hip hop to be inspired.  I have some controversial thoughts on "studio dance" vs "street dance" as well as the arts in media.  I hope you will enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment